Zespri® Kiwifruit and Chicken Cones
- 4 Zespri® Green Kiwifruit, peeled & cut into wedges
- 1 pack tortilla wraps
- 1 head curly lettuce, washed, patted dry & torn into small piece
- 1 pack pea shoots, washed and patted dry
- 2 cups coarsely shredded chicken (taken from cooked roast chicken
- 1 carrot or red/yellow capsicum, cut into fine strips
- Japanese mayonnaise
- Toothpicks (to secure cone)
Developed exclusively for Zespri by popular Malaysian chef Rohani Jelani
Prepare all the ingredients needed for the cones and keep in covered containers.
Using a pair of scissors, cut each tortilla into 4 quarters. Form into cones. Secure with a toothpick. Store them in a covered container to prevent them from drying. Note: To make tortilla more pliable, they can be briefly warmed on a hot pan for a few seconds. Do not heat them for too long, otherwise they will become crisp and dry.
To serve, place a little lettuce in the cone, followed by pea shoots, chicken strips, shredded carrot or capsicum and a wedge of kiwifruit. Finally, add a squeeze of mayonnaise. Serve immediately.